I borrowed this recipe from http://www.parents.com, but simplified it a bit by using a brownie mix instead of making them from scratch. They are delicious and always a hit when I take them to get-togethers.
-Boxed Brownie Mix (best w/o nuts or extras)
-Whatever ingredients the brownie mix requires (oil, water, eggs, etc)
-6 oz cream cheese, softened
-1/3 c flour
-1/2 t vanilla extract
-2 T milk
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 13X9 pan w/ cooking spray.
2. Mix brownies as directed by box and pour into pan.
3. In medium-size bowl, on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth. On low speed, beat in flour, sugar and vanilla until blended. Add milk; beat until smooth.
4. W/ a tablespoon, make a depression or dimple on top of brownie batter. With another teaspoon, drop a dollop of cream cheese mixture into the dimple. Continue to make and fill dimples over the top in an uneven pattern until there are lots of them. (Don’t worry about being too neat since mounds will flatten out during the baking.) I like to also swirl my brownies by taking a knife and making lines in both directions of brownie batter.
5. Bake in 350 oven 30 min or until firm to touch and set. Store air tight for up to one week.