I made this for my high school D-Group tonight. They all loved it and it was gone in no time! I got it from a Kraft Foods magazine a while ago.
Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread (Monkey Bread)
Prep: 15 min
Total: 1 hr
Makes: 12 servings
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 T ground cinnamon
3 cans (7.5 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 c butter, melted
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c powdered sugar
2 T milk
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 12 c fluted tube pan. Cut biscuit dough into quarters
2. Mix sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Roll dough quarters in cinnamon sugar.
3. Place half of biscuits into the baking pan. Drizzle with 1/4 c of the melted butter. Top with remaining biscuit quarters and melted butter.
4. Top unbaked bread with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake 40-45 min or until golden. Meanwhile prepare glaze (see next step). Let loaf stand 5 min, then invert onto plate.
5. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in bowl w/ electric mixer until well blended. Add 1-2 T milk, beating until desired consistency is reached. Spoon over warm loaf.