I made this yesterday for my high school D-Group and they loved it. I came home w/ only 2 pieces left. So poor Seth only got 1 piece. Its a super easy recipe. I got it from an old jello cookbook that I have.
1 pkg white cake mix
1 pkg (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 C water
1/4 C oil
1 pkg (3 oz) jello, I’ve only made it with strawberry, but you could use whatever flavor you want
1 C boiling water
1 C cold water
1. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, 1 cup water and the oil in a large mixer bowl, blend well. Then beat at medium speed for 4 min.
2. Pour into greased 13X9 pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 min or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan about 15 min.
3. Meanwhile dissolve jello in boiling water; add cold water.
4. Poke holes in warm cake w/ fork at 1/2 in intervals.
5. Carefully pour jello over cake. Chill 3-4 hrs. Top with whipped topping.