This is a super easy recipe that I learned from my mom (without an actual recipe…so I’m doing my best to remember it all to formally type it out). It’s yummy and one of my favs.
3-4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
1 pkg Flour tortilla Shells (8-10)
2 small cans tomato sauce
1 pkg taco seasoning
1. First cook the chicken and shred it or cut it into cubes. I prefer to cook it submerged in water in either a large pot on the stove or in the crockpot. It makes it a little more tender.
2. In a large bowl, mix the chicken and the taco seasoning together, adding enough water until it is mixed well and slightly juicy.
3. Spoon the meat into each of the tortilla shells, roll them closed and place side-by-side in a 9X13 baking pan. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Cook at 350 in the oven until the cheese is melted and the shells slightly browned. Meat and juices should be slightly bubbling.
5. Meanwhile, combine the tomato sauce and at least 1/2 pkg of taco seasoning in a pan. Heat and let simmer for a few minutes. You may want to add a little bit of ketchup as well. Mix to your tasting preference.
6. Serve the burritos with the sauce on top and lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream on the side. I prefer to also serve with some type of bean dip ( like Mexican Chili dip) and rice.