So I’ve decided to start watching the Duggar family’s show. A friend of mine enlightened me to it’s existence on Netflix. Well, at least the first couple seasons. So I’m starting from the beginning… When they ONLY had 17 kids. Wow. Should be interesting. And I’m gonna share some of my comments along the way.
I’ve watched 3 episodes so far…
1. I’m not a big fan of the long skirts and long hair movement (for girls that is. Well for either gender!). Not that there’s anything wrong with either. But I don’t think it’s wrong for girls to cut their hair or wear pants. Just sayin.
2. I admire that woman’s (Michelle is her name) ability to keep calm, not stress AT ALL, and to talk in a sweet soft voice (although it does sometimes get annoying). I could learn a thing or two from her.
3. She apparently gets nausea and morning sickness with every pregnancy. I think I would have stopped producing along time ago (for more reasons than the morning sickness…but it would have been a BIG deterant for me). She’s expecting #18 at this point in the season.
4. The first two episodes they take all 17 kids and grandma to New York city. They’re either very brave or completely nuts. I’m thinking a bit of both.
5. It was funny watching them flag down taxis for all of them. It took 3-4 taxis including at least one taxi van. And momma (as they endearingly call her on the show) gave each of the drivers their own family photo of all 19 of them. They also handed out more of said photos to random staring people on the NY streets. I don’t think I’d want them all to have my family’s picture. Just sayin.