Well, I don’t know if they’re the best yet, since I’m going to make them later today, but I thought I’d share the recipe before I forget. Hoping they’re yummy!
The Best Blueberry Muffins
o 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, at room temp
o 1 cup granulated sugar
o 2 large eggs
o 1 teaspoon vanilla
o 2 teaspoons baking powder
o 1/4 teaspoon salt
o 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
o 2 cups all-purpose flour
o 1/2 cup milk
o 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with
o 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Heat oven to 375°.
2. Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
3. In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
5. Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
6. With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
7. Fold in blueberries.
8. Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
9. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.