As I mentioned in my last post, I’m going to work on posting some of my old sermon notes. I hope that you’ll be able to gain a few insights and challenges for your spiritual life from reading these.
- Example of counterfeit $
- If you claim to be a Christian, but you’re not following the truth–> you’re a counterfeit
- Its not just what you do on the outside:
- Why are you doing it?
- God is concerned about your heart–>Who you really are!
- v.2 -Pharisees weren’t concerned about the disciples having dirty hands–but because they didn’t follow the “tradition”
- “Traditions”=standards & laws that the Jewish leaders came up with
- “Hedges”=made to protect God’s law, but became even more important than the Law
- Be careful about using devotion books instead of only the Bible during daily quiet times
- If you’re following one part of the Bible and neglecting another–> then you’re not following the Bible!
- v. 20-23 –> What’s going on in the inside?
- Be honest with each other about what’s going on–> Don’t just say “I’m fine”–>Especially during D-Groups!