Here’s some more sermon notes from a Sunday service at FCCMI:
“Bread of Life” (Mark 8 )
- Jesus was proving Himself by feeding the 4,000 & 5,000
- Communion is the greatest proof of Jesus’ diety
- He didn’t just conquer the world, He can handle anything!
- People who actually seek out the truth and “get into the ring” find that Jesus is God.
- Mark 8= Is like a base camp (camps on Mt. Everest) (Gives a series of stories to make a point about who Jesus is)
- Feeding of 4,000
- Pharisees questioning Jesus to catch him
- They wanted a miraculous sign–>He just fed 4,000!
- Jesus says “No!” because they want it done their way–> want to put him in a box
- Yeast of the Pharisees–> “I don’t get to decide where and when God’s power is displayed or how He answers our prayers!”
- Healing blind man (with spit!)
- We can’t judge the “right” way to heal people
- Peter’s confession
- Jesus says “Don’t tell others yet”–> They can’t handle/understand it yet
- Jesus predicts His death
- Peter tried to make Jesus fit into his mold
- Playing into Satan’s hands
- When you’re ready to lay it down–>Then you’re ready to follow Christ!